The Portuguese Students:
– This exchange was very interesting and fun. They got to know our culture, family, friends, school, habits and our country. It was great to practise our English skills and it became more fluent and easy to talk with foreign people. The goodbye was really difficult because we got used to have someone always with us, a companionship, a friend.
– I think this is a unique experience of cultural learning. I learned a lot about Belgian people, their habits and traditions. The activities were fine, although some a bit boring sometimes but since we all got to know each other and laugh together, there has been nothing that could bore us. I liked the parties very much, because our friendship improved a lot there. In conclusion I loved the experience and cannot wait to go to Belgium and take part in the activities there.
– This exchange was amazing, not just because my English got much better but also because I gained friends from another country. For me the best day was when we spent it all in Lisbon, we brought a guitar and sang all together in the street downtown (Baixa Chiado), some of the girls sing really well and it was great to hear them, it created a good mood and we were always happy singing and talking.
– What I liked the most was the hours that I spent talking in my bed with my partner.
– What I liked the most were the nights out (with all the people). I loved to meet new people and I made new good friends. I can’t wait to travel to Belgium and get together with my new friends again.
The Belgian Students:
We are students from Belgium and we are here for an exchange and noticed that Portuguese people have different habits than we have. For example: they eat more than us and they do it all day long. The food is delicious for example we love the pastéis de Belém. They go to bed very late and so they wake up late too. But they are such nice people: they help you whenever possible and they will do everything for you to have a good time here. We visited Lisboa and other places and we think it’s very beautiful here. The people wear different clothes than we but we like their style. A thing we really love about this place is the shopping centers; they are bigger than in Belgium. The shops also close later than in Belgium. Our conclusion is that we like it here and that we had a wonderful time and we certainly want to come back to Portugal.
Kisses Stefanie and Tatiana.
About the People,
– They eat a lot.
– They wear warm clothes while we are wearing summer clothes.
– They like to eat fish (salty).
– They are generous.
– They like to go out.
– They are chillers and also a bit lazy.
– They always take the car and they think that a bike is for poor people.
– They wear other clothes and shoes.
– They like to be rich and spend money.
– The boys also dance at parties.
– They like blonde hair and blue eyes.
About the Country,
– It has a long coastline.
– It has bars that sell ‘sheesha’.
– The weather is nice.
– It has good cupcakes. ( Pasteis)
– The waves are perfect to surf.
– The donkeys are sweet.
– The streets to the city always have traffic jams.
– Portugal is proud of their statues.
What we love about Portugal,
– The boys
– The nightlife
– The malls
– The weather
– The donkeys
– The cost
About the exchange
When we arrived we were excited and scared at the same time.
We had to split up and meet our partners, so we were alone with them.
We felt uncomfortable so it was nice to see the Belgian people again!
The Portuguese are very friendly but it’s not always simple to agree on things.
It was funny to learn Portuguese words and to teach them Flemish words.
We really had a nice time here!
Margot & Lisa
Portugal is a nice and hot country with a cool night life. The families are very friendly. Sometimes the organisation of activities could be better like surfing was too short. The traffic is very dangerous over here nobody is looking out of their eyes…
Portuguese people are always chilled and relaxed, that’s cool! They always take the car instead of their bike or something. Pasteis de Belem are veeeeeeeeeeeerrrryyyyyyyy good !
We enjoyed the trip!
Thank you very much.
Jannes and Laura